SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Effective Campaigning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
McKays_Angel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Effective Campaigning   Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi all,
SGA has been my most favourite show from the moment it started, and it has excelled and beaten SG1 within the first season!

But I honestly believe that in order to get our show back on air, we need to be quick with our campaign. And honestly believe every little bit counts, and one thing by one person, an e-mail, a letter, a phone call, or even an organised gathering outside the studios all counts and contributes in the long run. You as an individual may doubt writing or whatever, but trust me when I say it can make a difference.

As to campaining ideas, I'm swaying more to drawing lemons and posting them, that way we will also be able to e-mail lemons drawn on programmes such as paint.

Every little bit counts, so I'm hoping the runners of the Fight for SOSGA livejournal group will rally a large amount of members so that we can be effective within the next month or so. If we are successful enough, and enough of us contribute over the next month or so, such a large amount over a short time will have a large impact!

And keep on fighting, we don't need to give up hope yet, it isn't set in stone, and we've always got plan B of finding another network! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fyrewoode

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 am

agreed. It's a matter of immediate action and serene patience in the long run. We'll win out by sheer volume!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:54 pm

I completely agree. What I have done:
+Emailed MGM & SciFi
+Emailed the press
+Make a blog to promote Atlantis' revival
+Spread the word
+Called the SciFi Comments Line

What I have still to finish:
~Writing letters
~Finish a "Vlog"

Does anyone need any help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
John

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:28 pm

I've just finished emailing all the contacts at Sci Fi and MGM that have been posted at every group and journal. Now I'm getting started on snail mail.

Sci Fi President Dave Howe has recently stated in an interview that the computer system at Sci Fi is in disarray due to the avalanche of incoming mail in support of saving Stargate Atlantis and had to scramble his IT dept to get on fixing the system.

“There's no sign of a letup in my e-mail inbox, I can tell you,” Howe said in a telephone interview from England Friday. “I've had to get on with IT because it is so clogged up with e-mails to 'Save Atlantis.'“There's obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis,” Howe said. “And yes, they're absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don't anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it's in safe hands at Sci Fi, that we really value this franchise and it's in our interest and the fans' interest to let us continue the story and figure out how to retell it for a new audience every few years.”

They are feeling our weight, people! Keep it going!

John Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:46 pm

John wrote:
I've just finished emailing all the contacts at Sci Fi and MGM that have been posted at every group and journal. Now I'm getting started on snail mail.

Sci Fi President Dave Howe has recently stated in an interview that the computer system at Sci Fi is in disarray due to the avalanche of incoming mail in support of saving Stargate Atlantis and had to scramble his IT dept to get on fixing the system.

“There's no sign of a letup in my e-mail inbox, I can tell you,” Howe said in a telephone interview from England Friday. “I've had to get on with IT because it is so clogged up with e-mails to 'Save Atlantis.'“There's obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis,” Howe said. “And yes, they're absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don't anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it's in safe hands at Sci Fi, that we really value this franchise and it's in our interest and the fans' interest to let us continue the story and figure out how to retell it for a new audience every few years.”

They are feeling our weight, people! Keep it going!

John Twisted Evil
Thanks man!

Should I email them again? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
John

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I'm going to. I've saved my originals and am just going to hit Send over and over again. lolol

I've sent out to 8 different email addies and the only two that bounced back were Howe's and the general feedback contact address AT SciFi. So I say YES, keep them going.

John bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKays_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:34 pm

In the Shrine, they couldn't close the 'gate because of the pressure of the water...that's what it should feel like with our e-mails, letters, phone calls etc. At the moment! It would be appropriate to think of it like that, with Atlantis being on water and all! Wink

Its good that everyones offering to help, if everyone can even just send a short e-mail that would be great.

And I cannot stress enough how important it is to spread the word. Tell your friends, family, colleagues, contacts, if you post blogs or have any accounts available to the public, get everyone to e-mail/help like crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:52 am

Quote :
In the Shrine, they couldn't close the 'gate because of the pressure of the water...that's what it should feel like with our e-mails, letters, phone calls etc. At the moment!

That's a great analogy!

I'm going to use that if you don't mind to boost morale and support, if you don't mind.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKays_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 am

Lol go ahead! ;D
Has anyone contacted all the fanfic groups to get all their support? How about SGA fans from different countries as well, such as French etc.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effective Campaigning   

Back to top Go down

Effective Campaigning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SaveOurSGA Campaign :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorms-
Jump to: