SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sample Letters To Send

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scifinut007

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Emails addresses
MGM
Jeff Pryor jpryor@mgm.com
Charles Cohen ccohen@mgm.com
mgmonline@mgm.com
comments@mgm.com

NBC/Scifi
Dave.howe@nbcuni.com
mark.stern@nbcuni.com
mark.stern@unistudios.com

scifiweekly@scifi.com
programming@scifi.com

It appears that scifi has blocked this email feedback@scifi.com anyone else having trouble with it? It was the first email I had sent that came back as undeliverable.

Here is a letter I dradfted and sent after having a phone call with Jeff Pryor's secratary, she gave me here private email and ask me to put my comments down and send to her and she would forward them on to all of the MGM executives!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
To MGM And The Scifi Channle

Yes the fans have been loyal to the gate franchise, we watch every week and tell our friends about the great shows SG1 and Atlantis. We buy the DVD's, we are loyal viewers who have built your franchise.

How is this loyalty rewarded?

You cancel our shows.

We the fan base deserve some display of loyalty MGM and Scifi, we are sick and tired of our shows getting cancelled.

I for one am not going to watch a new Gate series, just to have it cancelled in a few years, If you guys do end Atlantis as a TV series I am done with the Gate franchise, I will never watch another Gate series or buy any more Gate DVD's of any of the series! I will also be DONE WITH THE SCIFI CHANNLE FOR GOOD!!!

Hey MGM and Scifi Gunsmoke went 20 years + and the networks showed loyalty to the fans of that show by keeping it on even during the lean times of viewership, when they could have cancelled it (around the 12th year). At least with Atlantis there is a strong viewership!

Come on MGM and Scifi show some appreciation to the loyal fans that have built your franchise, it is the loyal fans that have made it possible for you to make a huge amount of money with this franchise, so why not reward the loyal fans, by YOUR SHOWING SOME LOYALTY? And Keep Atlantis on for a couple more years!!!

This would also serve to strengthen the viewership of your new show Universe, just as Atlantis was strenghtned by being aired right after SG1 for a couple of years.

Sincerley A 50 year old fan and Business owner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Any who want may send my letter to all the emails above.

If you want to and have time write your own letter to send too, and post it here so all can see what is going out, and it may give others ideas of what to say too!

While we can be blunt, we need to avoid mean and hateful comments, we can state our feelings in a pretty blunt way with out being mean or hurtful.

Last edited by scifinut007 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:01 pm

Here is another Letter I have sent......
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TO MGM & Scifi

If SG1 and Atlantis had been bad shows I would not care about there cancellation, but they were good scifi dramas with a nice touch of humor.

I am very tired of studios and networks cancelling shows, that we like, which are doing well with viewer-ship.

Its like dangling food in front of a hungry person, then taking it away saying no you cant have anymore.

There is no good 1st run scifi programs on TV anymore, SG1 and Atlantis was it.

In the 1960s and 1970s we were getting 28 to 32 1 hour shows per season, why so many? because new episodes every week with only an occasional rerun, keeps the viewers coming back for more every week, now with many new series only having 13 to 20 new episodes a year, the viewers have a chance to wander else where when the reruns start. But the viewers of Atlantis were loyal and come back every week inspite of reruns!

If MGM holds to there decision to end Atlantis on TV with season 5, I for one am done with the Gate franchise, and I will never buy another Gate DVD of any kind, I will not tune in to any future Gate shows (why should I they will just cancel it after a few seasons too).

It was quit rare for any franchise to captured 2 shows in a row that worked so well, with good stories and excellent cast interplay. Universe is a new idea with an all new cast, it could very easily flop. And if and when it does the fans would have nothing left on TV.

If MGM wanted to help insure the success of Universe they would keep Atlantis going for a couple of years, and air Universe right after Atlantis as they did with it after SG1.

I am really POed at you MGM & Scifi, right now, but even after I cool off if Atlantis ends with season 5, I am done with any Gate show on TV or DVD, I also will cut the SciFi channle from my cable, and this is what I told several persons whom I talked with on the phone today at MGM & Scifi, I did hold my temper and was very soft spoken and kind, but expressed things which I have said here. Even now I am tempering my comments, but trying to convey my hurt and disappointment at this bad decision to cancel Atlantis.

Please keep Atlantis on for a couple more years, Sincerely a REAL FAN of Atlantis!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:24 pm

Next Letter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To MGM & SciFi

TV is about watching your favorite series with new episodes each week, back in the 1960s and 1970s we use to get 28 to 32 new episodes each year, enough where fans could watch 1 new episode a week with only a couple of reruns, the networks did this because they knew that to build and hold on to a viewer base they needed to get them back each week, and a new episode each week would do this if it was a good show.

Atlantis is a good show, and has a strong viewer-ship, we are only getting 20 new episodes a year, but we still watch, we do want 20 hours a year, not 2 or 3 hours a year. We are hooked on the show, but if MGM and Scifi cut us back to only 3 to 4 hours a year, I will quit the franchise as well as Scifi, the only thing I been watching on scifi are new episodes of Atlantis and reruns of Enterprise, which I have on DVD so If Atlantis does not come back for season 6, I am done with MGM and Scifi, I will never watch another incarnation of Gate.

The viewer can make or break a franchise, remember Coke it was a huge company that made a horrible mistake in 1985 buy changing the formula to coke, they quit making the original formula, and threw the new crap at the consumer (which tasted like pepsi) Coke went for months trying to force the consumer to take the new product, people spoke up kept the phone lines ringing and would not buy the new crap that was being forced at them, Coke almost went bankrupt, they came around and started making the old formula as we know it now Coke Classic.

Besides the smart thing to do is to keep Atlantis on, and air Universe right after it, the way Atlantis was done with SG1, for a couple years it strengthened the new show, and pull the viewers over from the established show that was working! I know the writes have limits, so get more writes to ease the load. Remember it takes money to make money, cut the budget too far and we fail!

I am very serious about quitting MGM and Scifi if we don’t get Atlantis for a couple more years, ALL FANS should be, know why? Because in a couple of years MGM & SciFi are going to do the same thing with Universe after we are hooked on it, cancel it. Or worse yet it flops and is cancelled after only a few episodes, then we have nothing left on TV to watch.

I for one am sick and tired of having shows cancelled that I like, there have been many in recent years, Star Trek Enterprise, Tremors The Series, Surface, Journeyman, SG1 many others and now Atlantis if we let them, are we going to let them continue on this rampage? I hope not.

(this letter has been posted in many forums)

So come on MGM and Scifi do the smart thing and keep Atlantis on for a couple more years!

Remember with out viewers there is no need for TV shows.

Sincerely Atlantis Fan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisis1033

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 pm

those are really good letters... but I hope that you spell checked them first...LOL...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 pm

chrisis1033 wrote:
those are really good letters... but I hope that you spell checked them first...LOL...

I did use spell checker, but it has failed me before, if you should see errors, please point them out and I will repair the letters and repost! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shansgrl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:50 am

Here's a sample letter that I wrote this evening:

Dear (insert name here),

My name is (insert your name here), I am from (state where you are from) and I am (insert age here). I am writing to you today to express my disappointment with the decision to cancel Stargate Atlantis.

Atlantis is a great continuation of the Stargate franchise and I feel that it is bad decision to cancel the show while there is still several years of stories left to tell. In today’s society where reality TV, shows that portray promiscuity among teenagers and young adults, and shows that are full of violence are prevalent on TV, shows like Atlantis that are original, well written and that the whole family can watch are more important than ever.

Young or old, I’m sure that I will not be the only one to write to you in regards to the Atlantis cancellation. No matter what the age, we are your consumers, and hope that you will consider our worth.

I urge you to reconsider the decision to cancel Atlantis. I will be contacting your advertisers as well in addition to your organization, to express my concern regarding this decision on canceling an award winning family friendly show.

Respectfully your,

Your name here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisis1033

Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:56 am

Another excellent letter to send!!!

Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pavaneofstars

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Those are great letters! Thanks for sharing. Smile They're helping me to write one of my own. I suck at writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shansgrl

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 pm

pavaneofstars wrote:
Those are great letters! Thanks for sharing. Smile They're helping me to write one of my own. I suck at writing.

I understand. I used to be in customer service and would have to write letters like this everyday. I would take forever sometimes. I'm so out of practice it took me half the day to do this one AND I stole a line from a Jericho letter. (shhhh, don't tell!)

Thank you for the kind words. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureHart

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:12 am

Here's a copy of the letter I have sent. You are all welcome to use it if you wish.

To MGM and Scifi:

I am writing to protest the canceling of one of the finest scifi shows on television today: Stargate:Atlantis.

When I first heard of the cancellation, I assumed it was joke. Surely MGM could not be contemplating ending a show with such a large and loyal fanbase. After watching tonight's episode (The Shrine) I am even more mystified as to how anyone could want to cancel Stargate:Atlantis. The acting was superb even by the high standards of the show, and I am unashamed to admit I wept through most of the episode, and I have never been one to weep while watching a fictional program.

Not only to we tune in to watch the show every week, but we also buy the DVDs and other merchandise, go to the cons to listen to the cast, we talk to each other about our favorite episodes, we log onto GateWorld to hear the latest, some even write fanfiction based on the show and it’s characters. I personally have stuck by the show through its many casting changes, and while I may not have always agreed with those changes I have kept an open mind and learned to enjoy the new characters to the show.

I feel that ending the show so suddenly would be a vast disservice to both the cast and crew of the show as well as a disservice to the show’s many loyal fans. There is no way that a 2-hour movie could adequately tie up all the loose ends from the shows various story lines.

It is my hope that you will reconsider your decision to cancel this fine show. I know I am not alone in feeling that Stargate:Atlantis has many more fine years ahead of it if only given the chance.

Do be aware that if the decision to cancel Stargate:Atlantis is not reversed, I will no longer watch any program on the SciFi Channel, and that includes Stargate:Universe.

Sincerely,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 am

AzureHart wrote:
Here's a copy of the letter I have sent. You are all welcome to use it if you wish.

To MGM and Scifi:

I am writing to protest the canceling of one of the finest scifi shows on television today: Stargate:Atlantis.

When I first heard of the cancellation, I assumed it was joke. Surely MGM could not be contemplating ending a show with such a large and loyal fanbase. After watching tonight's episode (The Shrine) I am even more mystified as to how anyone could want to cancel Stargate:Atlantis. The acting was superb even by the high standards of the show, and I am unashamed to admit I wept through most of the episode, and I have never been one to weep while watching a fictional program.

Not only to we tune in to watch the show every week, but we also buy the DVDs and other merchandise, go to the cons to listen to the cast, we talk to each other about our favorite episodes, we log onto GateWorld to hear the latest, some even write fanfiction based on the show and it’s characters. I personally have stuck by the show through its many casting changes, and while I may not have always agreed with those changes I have kept an open mind and learned to enjoy the new characters to the show.

I feel that ending the show so suddenly would be a vast disservice to both the cast and crew of the show as well as a disservice to the show’s many loyal fans. There is no way that a 2-hour movie could adequately tie up all the loose ends from the shows various story lines.

It is my hope that you will reconsider your decision to cancel this fine show. I know I am not alone in feeling that Stargate:Atlantis has many more fine years ahead of it if only given the chance.

Do be aware that if the decision to cancel Stargate:Atlantis is not reversed, I will no longer watch any program on the SciFi Channel, and that includes Stargate:Universe.

Sincerely,

Very Nice Letter, Well done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chayiana

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi guys, I just wrote a letter which I want to send as early as possible, but I've to admit I feel a bit unsure. I'm not a native speaker, so maybe this is all crap, pathetic, whatever ... Wink

I'd really appreciate if you could have a look and tell me what you think about it?

But if you like it, feel free to use it. Smile

Okay, here it goes ...

Quote :
To whom it may concern (and I really hope it will concern someone)

My Name is ____ , I’m 37 years old and I’m a fan of the Stargate franchise since the very first minute. I bought every single DVD from SGA as well as from SG-1. I went to conventions to interact with all the great actors, writers, and the crew. I’m really a devoted fan who spent an awful lot of money in the last years for the franchise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not regretting a single cent of it.
So, I guess, I’m one of the persons who basically helped to build this franchise to its known glory. Therefore, I’m a person you really should hear out because without people like me, the Stargate franchise would have never become what it is right now.
And now, I would like to tell you how I feel about the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis.

Mr. Brad Wright said in one of his latest interviews, that all good things must come to an end. And I agree, I really do, but not prematurely! Not in the way it happened to SGA!

Now, in the 5th season, the team is just about to discover new races, new enemies, heck, a whole new status in the Pegasus Galaxy since the wraith weakened. Richard Woolsey just took command of the expedition, and he’s great. There is so much more to tell, which could never be done in one movie. Even if there are in fact more movies in the future, they never could tell or show us the deep bonds within the team, the joy and fun they had. Instead, I’m pretty sure it will be all about big space battles with great CGI effects, and they will be good, of course, but we will never ever have such episodes like “The shrine” again, which was, by the way, the most amazing, most beautiful and best written episode I’ve ever seen. But you can’t do such things in a movie, can you? These stories, dealing with the emotional side of the team, they won’t fit in an action movie which should attract everyone, fans and non-fans. Am I right? I guess so. And see, that’s why I and many, many others won’t give up fighting for our show. We all hooked up with that show not because there was a “Stargate” in the title, no, it was all about the characters. We loved to see them growing together, we loved Sheppard’s witty humour, McKay’s sarcasm, Teyla’s strength, Ronon’s … uh, hair, Zelenka’s Czech babbling and all the other little things about them.
And you can’t show these things in a movie, not in that level we, the fans, would love to see it. You just can’t. You know that, and we know that, and that’s why the cancellation is all wrong.

This all said, there is another main issue which really angers me and the fans all over the world at the moment. And this is how all these things happened and how you are treating the loyal fans right now.

You cancel Stargate Atlantis and just one day later you give Stargate Universe a go. How can you possibly think that the fans are happy about this when they, in fact, feel nothing but betrayed, when they feel that Atlantis has been sacrificed for the sake of Universe?

And then, it has been said by Dave Howe that fans will come to terms once they will get their next “Stargate fix”. Pardon me, but this is such an insult, I can’t even describe. What do you think we are? Sheep? Sheep, who will stupidly follow the sign with the name “Stargate” on it wherever it will lead us to? Rest assured, WE ARE NOT!

If my mother would have come to me with a new dog, just one day after they had to put my beloved dog to sleep, saying “Come on, get over it. Here’s a new one” I would have hated her for the rest of my life and surely couldn’t have loved the new dog either. This comparison may sound a bit dull, but that’s exactly the way I feel right now.

And as for Stargate Universe, I really wanted to give the show a fair chance before all this has happened, but after it has been said, that this show will address to a new audience, a younger audience, I really don’t care anymore. I’m neither new nor that young, so, obviously, I’m not in your demographics anyway. Why should I bother about Universe? Why should I care when I feel discarded like an old pair of shoes that doesn’t fit anymore? Tell me!

Finally, I just want to say this:
You may think that it’s not important what I have to say. You may think that it’s not important how I feel, that I feel betrayed, insulted and laid aside. You may also think that I’m just one person who isn’t important at all.
But that’s not true, because I AM, I am important! Remember? I was one of those who bought all the DVDs from SG-1 and SGA. I was one of those who supported the franchise over a decade. I was one of those who basically helped to build the franchise as it is. Well, you might be right, I’m just one person. BUT … I’m one person out of thousands, probably millions who have done the same for the franchise and now are feeling the same about the cancellation of SGA. Well, think about it …

And I really wished that for once you would try to see the situation from the fans’ point of view, try to feel how we feel. And then, maybe, you might be able to understand us and therefore, you might reconsider your decision and give Atlantis one more season (at least). Please, SAVE OUR SGA!

Sincerely,

I wrote the last bit because I wanted to make it clear that every single fan is important, that every single voice should be heard. Did it work? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureHart

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Wow... this is very good! cheers The only thing I saw was a few formating problems where the double space was missing between paragraphs. I put the missing double spaces into the quote of your letter below, see if that flows a bit better for you. Smile

Chayiana wrote:
Hi guys, I just wrote a letter which I want to send as early as possible, but I've to admit I feel a bit unsure. I'm not a native speaker, so maybe this is all crap, pathetic, whatever ... Wink

I'd really appreciate if you could have a look and tell me what you think about it?

But if you like it, feel free to use it. Smile

Okay, here it goes ...

Quote :
To whom it may concern (and I really hope it will concern someone)

My Name is ____ , I’m 37 years old and I’m a fan of the Stargate franchise since the very first minute. I bought every single DVD from SGA as well as from SG-1. I went to conventions to interact with all the great actors, writers, and the crew. I’m really a devoted fan who spent an awful lot of money in the last years for the franchise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not regretting a single cent of it.

So, I guess, I’m one of the persons who basically helped to build this franchise to its known glory. Therefore, I’m a person you really should hear out because without people like me, the Stargate franchise would have never become what it is right now.
And now, I would like to tell you how I feel about the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis.

Mr. Brad Wright said in one of his latest interviews, that all good things must come to an end. And I agree, I really do, but not prematurely! Not in the way it happened to SGA!

Now, in the 5th season, the team is just about to discover new races, new enemies, heck, a whole new status in the Pegasus Galaxy since the wraith weakened. Richard Woolsey just took command of the expedition, and he’s great. There is so much more to tell, which could never be done in one movie. Even if there are in fact more movies in the future, they never could tell or show us the deep bonds within the team, the joy and fun they had. Instead, I’m pretty sure it will be all about big space battles with great CGI effects, and they will be good, of course, but we will never ever have such episodes like “The shrine” again, which was, by the way, the most amazing, most beautiful and best written episode I’ve ever seen. But you can’t do such things in a movie, can you? These stories, dealing with the emotional side of the team, they won’t fit in an action movie which should attract everyone, fans and non-fans. Am I right? I guess so. And see, that’s why I and many, many others won’t give up fighting for our show. We all hooked up with that show not because there was a “Stargate” in the title, no, it was all about the characters. We loved to see them growing together, we loved Sheppard’s witty humour, McKay’s sarcasm, Teyla’s strength, Ronon’s … uh, hair, Zelenka’s Czech babbling and all the other little things about them.
And you can’t show these things in a movie, not in that level we, the fans, would love to see it. You just can’t. You know that, and we know that, and that’s why the cancellation is all wrong.

This all said, there is another main issue which really angers me and the fans all over the world at the moment. And this is how all these things happened and how you are treating the loyal fans right now.

You cancel Stargate Atlantis and just one day later you give Stargate Universe a go. How can you possibly think that the fans are happy about this when they, in fact, feel nothing but betrayed, when they feel that Atlantis has been sacrificed for the sake of Universe?

And then, it has been said by Dave Howe that fans will come to terms once they will get their next “Stargate fix”. Pardon me, but this is such an insult, I can’t even describe. What do you think we are? Sheep? Sheep, who will stupidly follow the sign with the name “Stargate” on it wherever it will lead us to? Rest assured, WE ARE NOT!

If my mother would have come to me with a new dog, just one day after they had to put my beloved dog to sleep, saying “Come on, get over it. Here’s a new one” I would have hated her for the rest of my life and surely couldn’t have loved the new dog either. This comparison may sound a bit dull, but that’s exactly the way I feel right now.

And as for Stargate Universe, I really wanted to give the show a fair chance before all this has happened, but after it has been said, that this show will address to a new audience, a younger audience, I really don’t care anymore. I’m neither new nor that young, so, obviously, I’m not in your demographics anyway. Why should I bother about Universe? Why should I care when I feel discarded like an old pair of shoes that doesn’t fit anymore? Tell me!

Finally, I just want to say this:
You may think that it’s not important what I have to say. You may think that it’s not important how I feel, that I feel betrayed, insulted and laid aside. You may also think that I’m just one person who isn’t important at all.

But that’s not true, because I AM, I am important! Remember? I was one of those who bought all the DVDs from SG-1 and SGA. I was one of those who supported the franchise over a decade. I was one of those who basically helped to build the franchise as it is. Well, you might be right, I’m just one person. BUT … I’m one person out of thousands, probably millions who have done the same for the franchise and now are feeling the same about the cancellation of SGA. Well, think about it …

And I really wished that for once you would try to see the situation from the fans’ point of view, try to feel how we feel. And then, maybe, you might be able to understand us and therefore, you might reconsider your decision and give Atlantis one more season (at least). Please, SAVE OUR SGA!

Sincerely,

I wrote the last bit because I wanted to make it clear that every single fan is important, that every single voice should be heard. Did it work? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chayiana

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanks so much. It really flows better... Smile

*goes to send it out*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanthra

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Sample letter to send   Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:40 am

Here's my letter, which I don't mind if people use for inspiration. But is it too long? Perhaps I should send off the first few lines only. No one is actually going to read it are they, with all the lemons we're going to be sending!!!

To whom it might concern...

Ok.

You’ve considered the figures of the guys in suits with their clipboards etc. etc.

And you’ve decided to cancel Stargate Atlantis.

Now.

Please.

Consider the FEELINGS of the fans.

Consider how you have alienated so many now, it nearly seems questionable that anyone would want to watch Stargate Atlantis:The Movie or Stargate Universe because the way you have treated us all. Consider the sudden way this has been sprung on us. Consider how you believe us all to be fools when it is explained that SGA has not been moved aside to make way for SGU. Consider how condescending the remark is that we’ll all get over it once we get our Stargate ‘fix’ in the form of SGU or an SGA movie. Consider how hurtful this all is to fans of five years loyalty.

Consider too, how the decision to cancel, seems to go against all common sense. Consistent ratings. People’s Choice Awards 2008. International fan base. Season 5 showing such promise. Wide appeal to all and sundry. (How can it possibly be sound economic reasoning to target solely a younger audience for Stargate Universe? It seems like financial suicide and not a wise business move at all… this has the taint of an excuse, to cheapen and dumb the show down.)

Consider my own personal opinion. SGU is no replacement for SGA. SGU sounds like imitation Voyager Star Trek. SGA has a magic of its own… the Ancient city and Pegasus with its myths and history, team spirit, humour, the characters, Sheppard (yeah, it helps that he’s good looking!) McKay, Ronon, Teyla, Radek, Elizabeth (once), Carson… and more condescension on your part… to think that as long as there’s a Stargate of some description we’ll all be happy… not true… I’ve always been indifferent to SG1… then SGA came along and I fell in love with a TV programme like never before…and I know I’m not alone… that it’s SGA or nothing. I have only ever been mildly curious about SGU. And one movie is not a replacement for a whole 20 episode season. It cannot possibly have the same depth, drama, exploration of characters, etc. etc. I wasn’t over-impressed with the Ark of Truth so if that is an indication of a Stargate movie then I am not convinced that the future of the Stargate franchise is in ‘safe hands.’

Consider my own personal protest, (which is going to be repeated by many others). It is my intention to boycott SGU and all SG franchise, and sometimes, perversely, I feel I cannot even bring myself to watch SGA again… why be put through the torment of watching your favourite TV show and knowing it’s going to end soon? Knowing that present story lines are only ever going to be tied up in a movie? Did someone say that I “need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it”? Mourn is the correct word. But I’ll never get over this… I’m devastated. And so are lots more.

Please re-consider. Please renew Stargate Atlantis. Please stop thinking with your heads and thinking of the bottom line always. Please… there has to be other options to consider… put off SGU for one more season?... something?... Please think of the fans… Please don’t cancel… Please don’t do this… Re-consider… Please…
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:18 pm

those are some pretty cool letters people!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah, I agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 am

And I have 80 more letters printed, ready for signing..... then I have to address the envelopes and lick the stamps....

It's worth it though.

Onward and upward.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 am

I would like to send this letter.anybody who sees some mistakes i wouldnt mind.

I know its not so long but i think its stright to the point.

if i send this letter to bridge studio,whos name should I put at the top, i want to put

the cast,do i need to name the cast,or just say to all the cast. Instead of the names of producers.

I was shocked to hear that the show was canceled, It a fantastic show to watch , it has good stories,humor ,plenty of action and superb visual effects. Also great charactors.

Stargate Atlantis won people choice awards. It seems there is a massive fan base.

Reality shows should be canceled not Stargate Atlantis.Many Fans all over the world would like to see more of Atlantis than a 2 hour film. Atlantis should continue as a serier.

From UK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:03 am

ancient78 wrote:
I would like to send this letter.anybody who sees some mistakes i wouldnt mind.

I know its not so long but i think its stright to the point.

if i send this letter to bridge studio,whos name should I put at the top, i want to put

the cast,do i need to name the cast,or just say to all the cast. Instead of the names of producers.

I was shocked to hear that the show was canceled, It a fantastic show to watch , it has good stories,humor ,plenty of action and superb visual effects. Also great charactors.

Stargate Atlantis won people choice awards. It seems there is a massive fan base.

Reality shows should be canceled not Stargate Atlantis.Many Fans all over the world would like to see more of Atlantis than a 2 hour film. Atlantis should continue as a serier.

From UK

G'day Ancient78 Very Happy
It is a good letter but I took you at your word and corrected some small mistakes that were in it.

I was shocked to hear that the show was cancelled. It is a fantastic show to watch, it has good stories, humour, plenty of action, superb visual effects and great characters.

Stargate Atlantis won people choice awards. It seems that there is a massive fan base.

Reality shows should be cancelled not Stargate Atlantis. Many Fans all over the world would like to watch more of Atlantis than a 2 hour film. Atlantis should continue as a series.

The best snail mail addresses to send your letter to are as follows:

MGM

Mr. Charles Cohen
Executive Vice President
MGM Television Entertainment
10250 Constellation Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Sci Fi Channel
Ms. Chris Sanagustin
Vice President Original Programming
NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

Mr. Mark Stern
Executive VP Original Programming
NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel
100 Universal City Plaza
Bld. 1440, 14th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608

There are more addresses
HERE.

All the best!

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iamnattles

Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:30 am

I tried sending this to the above emails, but they sent it back to me!

Please don't sink Atlantis!

Atlantis isn't done yet. Please think logically; why cancel a show that
is doing well, for one that is not a guarantee? What if Universe fails
after one season? Likely, as a lot of fans of Atlantis feel disrepected!
Pushed aside, because apparently we are too old. I'm 20 and so are my
friends who watch Atlantis with me, I doubt I will like Universe if you
aim it at a 'young' audience. Atlantis has been getting better and better
each season, more and more intense. Why cancel it now and cause an
anticlimax? One more season and we will be happy. Please please don't
sink Atlantis till it's ready!!!

Natalie Morgan (from Melbourne, Australia)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:52 am

iamnattles wrote:
I tried sending this to the above emails, but they sent it back to me!

Please don't sink Atlantis!

Atlantis isn't done yet. Please think logically; why cancel a show that
is doing well, for one that is not a guarantee? What if Universe fails
after one season? Likely, as a lot of fans of Atlantis feel disrepected!
Pushed aside, because apparently we are too old. I'm 20 and so are my
friends who watch Atlantis with me, I doubt I will like Universe if you
aim it at a 'young' audience. Atlantis has been getting better and better
each season, more and more intense. Why cancel it now and cause an
anticlimax? One more season and we will be happy. Please please don't
sink Atlantis till it's ready!!!

Natalie Morgan (from Melbourne, Australia)

Hi!

They are blocking all attempts to protest by email; so snail mail is the only way to contact them. I gave the addresses for snail mail contacts above.

The advantage of lettters is they have to accept them, and if they are in plain envelopes with nothing about SGA on them, they have to open them to see if they are something important, or just their lowly viewers complaining again. lol!

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinydancer

Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Pictwolf wrote:
They are blocking all attempts to protest by email; so snail mail is the only way to contact them. I gave the addresses for snail mail contacts above.

The advantage of lettters is they have to accept them, and if they are in plain envelopes with nothing about SGA on them, they have to open them to see if they are something important, or just their lowly viewers complaining again. lol!

Bastards!

Still, I can write letters. Many letters. But they still probably won't read them. BUT, if a massive delivery of LEMONS rocks up at their door step, the delivery guys will be all, "whatever, dude, I deliver, you accept", then they may start getting the message. Only, to be honest, I think their minds are kind of made up. Which blows, but we shall keep trying anyhow!

But seriously, haven't they considered the serious ramification? Like the massive dent in the fan base this ill cause? Are their egos really so big? We are not fickle! The Gate is not the star of the show, for Christ's sake!

Bah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SA

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Sample Letters To Send   Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:55 am

Write to these guys too!!

Mr. Brad Wright, Executive Producer
Stargate
c/o The Bridge Studios
2400 Boundary Road