SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scifinut007

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:39 am

Just and Idea, if we set a date 2 or 3 weeks in advance that shows when people in the usa should mail and when overseas folks should mail, so all mail arrives in the same week. To one target MGM

Pryority mail gets to the desk of whom it it addresses to.

Imagine several hundred to several thousand priority letters getting to a key execs desk all in the same week! They could contain a short letter with each fans desire to see the show back for at least a couple more years, also could have pictures of lemons and or some of the postcards that are at sosag.

The priority envalope I have in mind is made from cardboard and flat and costs apx $4.75 postage, I will check the price to be sure.

There should be no mention of atlantis on the outside of the envalope, so they would have to open it to make sure of what it is.

In the USA they would reach the destination in 2 or 3 days of being mailed, so if those of us in the usa mailed on a monday, all US mail would get there on that thursday and friday.

I am guessing that overseas fans should mail 10 to 14 days in advance But I am not sure, does anyone know?

If this sounds good we could try for the first week of October 2008.

Lets hear some feedback from everyone about this Idea.

We also need to pick the best exe from MGM to send to.

scifinut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:39 am

Here is what the flat envalope looks like, pay the cost of postage and the envalope is included!

Here is some info I found about cost

Priority Mail USPS Flat Rate Envelope $4.60. This is one of the best methods to ship since it is much lower than UPS and has no residential address delivery penalty like UPS, DHL or FEDEX. USPS says 2 - 4 days in USA. If it can fit in the envelope it can ship reguardless of weight. As an example I have sent one box of the EN95 D Cell Energizer batteries and a box of EN91 over 5 pounds in the USPS Priority Mail Envelope. If what you ordered will not fit we will let you know and figure something out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 am

I don't know, I think this next monday will be fine. Letters will continue to flow in. It takes about 6-7 days for my letter to go from Australia to Ohio, so I'm guessing roughly 3-4 days to get to Cali.

The best thing I can send from Australia is Registered Post as there is no priority post. This just means that someone has to sign for it, so likely a secretary could do that. It sounds like it costs about 5 dollars more than regular air mail...so likely around 7-10 dollars. I'll check into it, but I really think that we need to act fast. Smile

Good idea though...not sure I have 20 bucks to send two letters. We'll see.

The money raised on this site though could help to send the fake lemons priority mail though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:04 am

Alexandria wrote:
I don't know, I think this next monday will be fine. Letters will continue to flow in. It takes about 6-7 days for my letter to go from Australia to Ohio, so I'm guessing roughly 3-4 days to get to Cali.

The best thing I can send from Australia is Registered Post as there is no priority post. This just means that someone has to sign for it, so likely a secretary could do that. It sounds like it costs about 5 dollars more than regular air mail...so likely around 7-10 dollars. I'll check into it, but I really think that we need to act fast. Smile

Good idea though...not sure I have 20 bucks to send two letters. We'll see.

The money raised on this site though could help to send the fake lemons priority mail though. Very Happy

Do you know what regular air mail from Aust. to US is? and how long it takes?

This Idea of mine would not be part of the first strike, that is being planned for this upcomming week.

But could be a 3rd or 4th strike, which if it happened in Oct would be ok as we would have even more fans to help by then!

I think we may Have 2 to 4 months, especially since they are talking movies, they will be saveing sets, and the actors may very well be under contract for a season 6 if it happens, (most actors have to sign a 7 year contract when a series is being made)

Most of the fans have not even heard of the cancellation yet, we will probly see out two sites explode with membership as people find out what has happened.

And the more people we get to help with emails and snail mail the better!

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:17 am

Regular airmail (there is a cheap rate for cards/letters) is about $1.90 or so. I know it takes about 6-7 days for my packages and cards to arrive in the US (Ohio) from Melbourne Australia.

The mail has to stop in at LAX, so I'd assume that letters from Australia to LAX would take about 4 days (maybe 5) as mail from LA to Ohio usually take 2-3 days. The Australian Post promise it will arrive in 3-10 days (broad range I know lol)

These times will be based off my experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scifinut007

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Alexandria wrote:
Regular airmail (there is a cheap rate for cards/letters) is about $1.90 or so. I know it takes about 6-7 days for my packages and cards to arrive in the US (Ohio) from Melbourne Australia.

The mail has to stop in at LAX, so I'd assume that letters from Australia to LAX would take about 4 days (maybe 5) as mail from LA to Ohio usually take 2-3 days. The Australian Post promise it will arrive in 3-10 days (broad range I know lol)

These times will be based off my experiences.

Sounds like a 7 to 10 day allownace for overseas fans may be about right, so if we did a mass mailing on say month ??? for the first week of that month,

US priority mail could go out that monday

Us regular mail should go out wennesday the week before, and out of country mail should go out monday the week before.

Does this sound about right?

Scifinut007
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: proffestional look   Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:13 am

I wrote a letter on my computer,i put the address at the top,so it fits in a Clear White window Envelope ,so u dont need to put a sticky label on. it looks a bit proffestional. they might open it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????   

Back to top Go down

Mass Pryority Mailing ?????????????
Page 1 of 1