SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Backup Plan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Backup Plan   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Well, if all other plans fail...(which I doubt). I believe we should have a backup plan. Various ideas could be a backup plan, but usually backup plans involve last resort options. Like the one I have thought up:
Project "Dump":
1. we all sign up on Scifi Channel's forum.
2. we target specified boards
3. and attack, how so? Well, we spam! Spam Scifi with our slogans till their whole forum is in chaos. We will keep spamming even as their mods and admins strike us down. If they ban us, we create another account, unless they ban us by our IP address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Sounds good.

Any fans live near Universal City, CA, or New York City? If there are enough, then I'd say picket at the Sci Fi HQ and MGM. Hold up signs saying bring back SGA...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarthAngel

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 pm

might start doing this now. Very Happy Maybe it should correspond to the 12th with the rally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nessa

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:37 am

Great plan!!!I Hope it works!!Say:is it tru that JF won't be in Vancouver after next week?!FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!tell me he's not moving in a new house in an other country or something!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 am

Nah Nessa, he is just going on Holiday in Asia I think it is...Very Happy

Admin (Jackie)

SAVE OUR SGA!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sosga.niceboards.net
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am

I'm so relieved!!!!THANK YOU,Admin!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atlantis_jackson

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:07 am

you know... crashing the scifi server isn't a hard thing to do... it sucks alot!
I think if we all got on there... maybe in the chat room... and just typed in stuff like Save Atlantis and things like that... the server would be down in a heartbeat.

We could set up a time and send out a message... ok, everyone log on at this exact time... kind of thing.

And it is so not fair that Joe gets to go to Asia! That's so friggin cool!
He gets all the good stuff.... an Iphone and a vacation in Asia! No fair.

I've always wondered how people know stuff like that! Do you know him or know someone who knows him? Or did someone you know set up camp in his yard Smile hehe.

I went to a con in 06 and these two girls knew that his power went out! How scary is that? That's a you had to be there to know it kind of thing... Joe was a tad freaked out by the fact that they knew it too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sheppards-flock.webs.com/index.htm
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 am

lol I think alot of people read his Blog and he does post everyday on there with some very interesting things...Very Happy

Admin (Jackie)

SAVE OUR SGA!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sosga.niceboards.net
Nessa

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 am

I love the idea!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:47 am

So when should we plan this. Next week perhaps? Maybe corrosponding with the other rallies? That could give us enough time to spread word. We then could easily mount and attack on Scifi's site. They think that we're merely going to be angry for a month or two, and stick to lemons and emails. Well they're wrong. We can do that and crash their stinkin' site!

And if we spam their site, the key places would be:
+Anywhere in their forums
+Chatbox
Back to top Go down
lezario

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 am

sounds very good Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:11 am

Folks,
I'm sorry to squish your enthusiasm but as one of the moderators of this site I can tell you that attacking their site isn't the answer. Blocking their in boxes with protest emails is one thing, what is being proposed is a cyber attack and would in my country at least, constitute cybercrime. More importantly it would only serve to make the campaign look bad and put people offside. I very much doubt it would do anything to MGM except convince them that we are but a few noisy trouble makers.

What we really need is active participation by people who live in or around LA. Because if we don't find a local co-ordinator, someone to liase with the authorties and arrange permissions, to scout out locations and organise the people on the day, there will be no more rallies.

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:35 am

Pictwolf wrote:
Folks,
I'm sorry to squish your enthusiasm but as one of the moderators of this site I can tell you that attacking their site isn't the answer. Blocking their in boxes with protest emails is one thing, what is being proposed is a cyber attack and would in my country at least, constitute cybercrime. More importantly it would only serve to make the campaign look bad and put people offside. I very much doubt it would do anything to MGM except convince them that we are but a few noisy trouble makers.

What we really need is active participation by people who live in or around LA. Because if we don't find a local co-ordinator, someone to liase with the authorties and arrange permissions, to scout out locations and organise the people on the day, there will be no more rallies.
But that's why it's called a "Backup Plan". I wouldn't do it unless super absolutely necessary. And I doubt we would get in serious trouble. As they would merely block us by our IP address. Spamming them, would really be minor, since many newbies break such forum rules early on. And most of us, I'd assume, would be 'newbies' to the Scifi forums.
Back to top Go down
jamesgilfoyle

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 am

FightforAtlantis wrote:
Pictwolf wrote:
Folks,

But that's why it's called a "Backup Plan". I wouldn't do it unless super absolutely necessary. And I doubt we would get in serious trouble. As they would merely block us by our IP address. Spamming them, would really be minor, since many newbies break such forum rules early on. And most of us, I'd assume, would be 'newbies' to the Scifi forums.

I'm afraid i have to agree with Pictwolf - this will get us NOWHERE and will only undo the good work that has already done and is continuing to be done. We need to continue with our respectul, and polite campaign which will suceed - mark my words... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 am

jamesgilfoyle wrote:
FightforAtlantis wrote:
Pictwolf wrote:
Folks,

I'm afraid i have to agree with Pictwolf - this will get us NOWHERE and will only undo the good work that has already done and is continuing to be done. We need to continue with our respectul, and polite campaign which will suceed - mark my words... Smile
Yes, I agree with you both. But I'm saying the backup plan would only be performed if we knew that the campaign was failing. We would only perform it when we actually were discontinuing the rest of the campaigning. To undergo the backup plan while we are still fighting is not what I'm suggesting. What I'm saying is this should be done at the end of the campaign if we know we're failing. Otherwise, let us hope this plan will not have to be considered at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backup Plan   

Back to top Go down

Backup Plan
Page 1 of 1