SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Rally of Sorts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carcrashkate

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: A Rally of Sorts   Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:33 am

So this Idea is still in the works but last night I couldn't sleep because the same idea kept running threw my head. A few years ago I remember reading a story about a woman rollerblading across her home country; I actually think it was Canada, to help raise money for her mother’s cancer treatment or something.

What if instead of raising money we can show the dedication of this fan base. I know it’s highly unlikely but what if a group of people where to contact not only people for the Stargate Franchise BUT the media as well and let them know of a protest going on, a walking protest followed by a silent sit in.

Where the walk would be headed I haven’t thought of yet, possibly the office of Dave Howe in New York? Or the Offices of MGM in Los Angeles? Or both if it comes down to distance for the people willing to participate.

Of coarse this would take a lot of time and energy but I think if we made a schedule, and planed out different meeting places for different states/providence and had groups of people marching together it could be done.

Because I think if even a small group of people can generate enough media attention and with the petition going on that maybe there could be a fighting chance.

Just wondering if that sounds too crazy or just crazy enough to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKays_Angel

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A Rally of Sorts   Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:58 pm

That's a great idea! Maybe you'd like to organise something and post around on other boards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carcrashkate

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: A Rally of Sorts   Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:03 pm

More ideas that have come this morning include tee-shirts in Lemon yellow, once again referencing the Lemons campaign, with some slogan Like “Save the City Save the Franchise” in black underneath The Point Of Origin In Red? And on the back something like “We’re Sending in the Lemons”.

something like that maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brvintelligrl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: A Rally of Sorts   Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 pm

What about a mass e-mailing campaign the day after the finale? I am not a computer genius but if they get so many e-mails in one day won't it at least slow down thier computers, if even for a minute, just to cause MGM some inconvenience? I have recruited friends from all over the country to help even if they don't watch the show. I am also posting some messages on Family Guy sights since that show was brought back from fans. Let's see what the power of the internet can do.

It really makes me laught to see that one of thier e-mail addresses id 4you@MGM.com, talk about being in denial. They should make it moneyus@MGM.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rally of Sorts   

Back to top Go down

A Rally of Sorts
Page 1 of 1