SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

REAL worldwide petition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chayiana

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: REAL worldwide petition   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:12 am

Hi guys,

just did some thinking ... we've got this nice online petition, right? And how many signatures we've got at the moment? Over 12.000 ... that's great but I think far away from being enough. And honestly, do you think they will pay attention to an online thing which a single person might be able to sign a hundred times?

But what if ...

we would do this in real??? A REAL petition! Gathering votes from people all over the world?

I know this sounds crazy and maybe impossible to do so, but I really think we could make it. We just need an unified form which we could lay out at public places in every city in the world, at conventions, wherever... For me, I was thinking about "The forbidden planet" shop here in Manchester where people buy all the merchandise stuff. Just an example ...

Imagine if there would be a petition laying out for everyone to sign, for everyone who would be remotely interested in seeing our show back. Imagine if this petition will be laying out in cities all over the world! In America, in Kanada, in Germany, in France, in Australia, in the Czech Republic, in the UK .... just everywhere. I really think we could get ten times, possibly a hundred times more signatures as in the online petition. We just need one or a few more people in every city to lay it out and collect the signatures. You don't even have to be there, just ask the owner of the venue if it will be alright. And it probably will, especially if you chose locations such as "the forbidden planet" which is located in a lot of cities and they're living from selling the merchandise stuff of Stargate and other sci fi shows.

We could set a certain time for it, let's say a month or so, then we collect all signatures in one place, copy it and send it to MGM and SCI FI, and of course, to the Stargate productions. I know this would be more like a long shot, but wouldn't it be a great impact? Real names, real signatures from people all over the world ... imagine that!!

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nessa

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: REAL worldwide petition   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:43 pm

I think that's a good idea but how are you going to collect the signatures of every city?every country?!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chayiana

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: REAL worldwide petition   Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:41 am

Nessa wrote:
I think that's a good idea but how are you going to collect the signatures of every city?every country?!!!
I've got the idea that there would be at least one person/country who sets up a PO box and let the didtributors of the petition sheets know where to send them to.

These people (I call them "head of country" ^^) then just could simply post the petitions either to MGM, SCI FI et al directly, or to another main collecting point within the U.S. to gather them all in one place.

Basically, it's really simple, but I think the main problem would be to find enough people who'll distribute the petitions and to find at least one person/country to "play" the "head of country". scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Save

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: REAL worldwide petition   Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 am

I think that's a really good idea!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REAL worldwide petition   

Back to top Go down