SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally   Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 am

Hello folks!
A rally in LA is now in the full planning phase and the committee that is organising the Save SGA Campaign is calling for volunteers to contact the student populations of colleges and universities in the LA area. If you can help please contact us here and we will start to include your assistance in the planning for the event. And if anyone else has further suggestions about getting the word out to people who might be interested in attending, please let us know.

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nessa

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally   Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:33 pm

That's a great idea!!I haven't stopped telling people about it!!!I posted on GateWorld,added opinions on Hey!Nielsen...even this site!!! A lot of people would like to go but they can't!!!!just like me!!(Algeria......too far away!!)But I really hope we get enough people to do it!!! Wink Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally   Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:55 am

Nessa wrote:
That's a great idea!!I haven't stopped telling people about it!!!I posted on GateWorld,added opinions on Hey!Nielsen...even this site!!! A lot of people would like to go but they can't!!!!just like me!!(Algeria......too far away!!)But I really hope we get enough people to do it!!! Wink Cool

If you look carefully you will see that I made this call in the middle of September. Since then it has become abundantly clear that there is very little support for a rally. Very few people who are in the position to attend are interested in doing so, and it is unlikely that one will occur. And even if the numbers could be found, the necessary permits - which are expensive - have to be obtained 30 days in advance, making it very hard to co-ordinate such a loosely organised event.

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SA

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally   Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Was this being planned to coordinate with the stargate convention in Burbank - that would have made sense, too late now to get a permit though
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saveatlantis.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally   

Back to top Go down

Call for volunteers to spread the word about the LA rally
Page 1 of 1