SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FightforAtlantis

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Recently SOSGA announced 'disassociation' with STLC. This is a very unwise choice. We will do better united. Personally, I find SOSGA and STLC useless to me if they are separate. Therefore I might leave this place hence forward unless the two sites re-collaborate. We need to stand united, alone we will fall. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fightforatlantis.wordpress.com/the-fight-for-atlantis/
FightforAtlantis

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 pm

AHHH! Look what you have done, look at the STLC's announcement:

Quote :
I refer all of you to the SOSGA Campaign if you do so wish to continue with your efforts to Save Stargate Atlantis; however i no longer have confidence in our ability to suceed in our great mission…

It is this what you wanted? Is it? You want to be the top dog aye? Well now you ruined our chances. Just LOOK at what you have done. You have brought me into tears. TEARS.

This fight isn't over till we win. Stop with this nonsense, we fans are supposed to stand UNITED. Not in agony and drama. This is pitiful. Absolutely vile filth. What have you done to this campaign? What?

Because of a few miscommunications this campaign has now been greatly weakened. What did you do? What? Damn it!
Back to top Go down
ed263

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:50 pm

I so agree with FightforAtlantis!! Someone get the communication started. We the fans are depending on the organizers of this campaign to guide us in fighting the TPTB!!

We will flounder without a joint, coehesive leadership! Please come together and resolve this issue!

I need you both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EarthAngel

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:50 pm

What about the two sites coming together and make one giant Save SGA site?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:35 am

I prefer one website, so we dont need to jump from one to another.

im confused what all of us are doing to save the show beside letters,emails. i dont know how is the campaign going,should we keep fighting.

I will keep fighting if we still have a chance.

we need to bring it back,with all we've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dominique

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:33 am

and now! I'm worried about this campain. The fan are mobilized, don't give up now
What do you do about this campain?
What's the news?
exept petition and hey!nielsen site, what happens?
I sent letters, emails also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:54 am

G'Day,
SoSGA has explained it's postion on the seperation of the two sites HERE. There was neither jealousy nor politics involved, and certainly no acrimony.

As for the current position of the campaign, it continues in the face of great difficulties. The L.A. rally may not occur because of a seeming lack of interest among those who could actually attend, that is fans local to L.A. There are also legal hurdles to be overcome in the form of permits allowing the demonstration to occur at all. These permits are expensive and the cost varies with the number of people expected to attend, and since we can get no clear idea of how many, if any, might come, the whole thing is up in the air.

Following the September 21st deadline the Vlogs and photos recieved are now being edited into a campaign add. This will be distributed as widely as possible, online, to the media, at conventions and to TPTB.

We hope that letters are continuing to be written and lemons sent but there is no way of telling what is actually happening, that is how many are being sent. James will make a large shipment of lemons when he sorts out his difficulties with PayPal.

There is activity on the Nielsen site, which helps. Emailing the relevant parties is useless because they are being blocked, and the online petition won't get any more attention from TPTB than emails do.

Except for the contributions of a stalwart few, the overall activity on all the 'Save Atlantis' sites and threads on various forums has been steadily decreasing over the last few weeks .

So while the campaign is far from over, it appears that many fans who were initially enthusiastic have lost heart or lost interest, making it much harder on all of those who choose to remain active in the fight.

And that is how things stand at the moment.

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muffin

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

FightforAtlantis wrote:

Quote :
I refer all of you to the SOSGA Campaign if you do so wish to continue with your efforts to Save Stargate Atlantis; however i no longer have confidence in our ability to suceed in our great mission…

It is this what you wanted? Is it? You want to be the top dog aye? Well now you ruined our chances. Just LOOK at what you have done. You have brought me into tears. TEARS.

This fight isn't over till we win. Stop with this nonsense, we fans are supposed to stand UNITED. Not in agony and drama. This is pitiful. Absolutely vile filth. What have you done to this campaign? What?

Because of a few miscommunications this campaign has now been greatly weakened. What did you do? What? Damn it!

I think you need to take a step back and read what you have just written. These amazing guys here at SOSGA have worked darn hard to make this forum and make this site so the fans would even have a pop and doing this. For you to sit there and post that is disgraceful, these guys are fans same as you and me. The fault over the lemons campaign doesn't fall with these guys it falls with STLC for not researching what they were doing before taking peoples money. Fair enough take what people offer but be prepared to follow through on what you've promised. When you know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes and the HOURS and HOURS of work these people have done. If anyone is vile than I would sadly have to say its you. You should be ashamed. Fair enough things didn't work out but it takes two to tango!!!!

*rant over but some one needs to stick up for these guys*

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Muffin wrote:
The fault over the lemons campaign doesn't fall with these guys it falls with STLC for not researching what they were doing before taking peoples money. Fair enough take what people offer but be prepared to follow through on what you've promised.

What fauly exactly? Im quite confused.... The only issue with the lemons campaign was with me turning 18 and paypal asking for Tax details. As i was working during the customer service hours i was waiting for a time to come available to call them - i tried at least 12 times and it just kept ringing, ringing, and ringing. So i decided to contact them via email instead and for your information, the account is sorted now. The lemons will be getting ordered over these coming days and they will be getting shipped shortly afterwards. I see no fault in the research or any other area here Smile So do feel free to explain to me exactly how the Send Lemons initiative was a 'fault' in the campaign? :S

But with regard to the hard work of the SOSGA team? They are amazingly hard working - and very dedicated individuals. It was a pleasure to work with them, and along side them. Indeed it is high time somebody stuck up for them in this little misconstrued spat or sorts... :/

Last edited by jamesgilfoyle on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexandria

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 am

Honestly, I think everyone needs to settle down. I am thankful for the people behind SOSGA and for James' hard work with the lemon campaign and STLC.

Please, stop with the bickering. It will do more harm to the campaign than good. I can understand SOSGA's concern that people were getting ripped off, but I believe that words here were spoken too hastily. I do believe that STLC's lemon campaign is legitimate, and public accusations otherwise were released too soon and without any proof. There was never a deadline set to use as proof that the campaign was not moving forward.

Once the lemons are underway, I believe that SOSGA needs to take out any reference to any false or misleading information on their site, including the defamatory remarks against STLC in regards to the possibility of not using the money to fight the cause. The impression I got when I read the article on SOSGA was that he was not using the money for the reason specified.

I'll be honest here, this whole hostility thing (on both sides) is really hurting the campaign and is probably scaring away a lot of people. We need to remember the reason that brought us together in the first place...and that was to save SGA! We cannot divide our numbers now or they will win!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FightforAtlantis

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:10 am

Muffin wrote:
FightforAtlantis wrote:

Quote :

I think you need to take a step back and read what you have just written. These amazing guys here at SOSGA have worked darn hard to make this forum and make this site so the fans would even have a pop and doing this. For you to sit there and post that is disgraceful, these guys are fans same as you and me. The fault over the lemons campaign doesn't fall with these guys it falls with STLC for not researching what they were doing before taking peoples money. Fair enough take what people offer but be prepared to follow through on what you've promised. When you know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes and the HOURS and HOURS of work these people have done. If anyone is vile than I would sadly have to say its you. You should be ashamed. Fair enough things didn't work out but it takes two to tango!!!!

*rant over but some one needs to stick up for these guys*
They may have made a useful site like this, but it will be all for nothing now. We had more support with both sites running. With two campaigns we appeared impressive and powerful, now we have lost our footing. And I doubt we can get back up. Disassociation was an unfortunate mistake. I honestly doubt we can recover. We can still try, but it is a cause with little hope now.
Back to top Go down
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:21 am

Alexandria wrote:
Honestly, I think everyone needs to settle down. I am thankful for the people behind SOSGA and for James' hard work with the lemon campaign and STLC.

Please, stop with the bickering. It will do more harm to the campaign than good. I can understand SOSGA's concern that people were getting ripped off, but I believe that words here were spoken too hastily. I do believe that STLC's lemon campaign is legitimate, and public accusations otherwise were released too soon and without any proof. There was never a deadline set to use as proof that the campaign was not moving forward.

Once the lemons are underway, I believe that SOSGA needs to take out any reference to any false or misleading information on their site, including the defamatory remarks against STLC in regards to the possibility of not using the money to fight the cause. The impression I got when I read the article on SOSGA was that he was not using the money for the reason specified.

I'll be honest here, this whole hostility thing (on both sides) is really hurting the campaign and is probably scaring away a lot of people. We need to remember the reason that brought us together in the first place...and that was to save SGA! We cannot divide our numbers now or they will win!

At no time and at no place has SoSGA made defamatory remarks about StLC or its campaign. It has never suggested that the money was being misused. It has never attacked anyone's honesty. The split was made because the lack of communication and the resulting appearance of a lack of transparency could lead to such accusations being made, and SoSGA didn't wish to be placed in that position.

There is no bickering, and there have been no public accusations (or private ones for that matter) levelled at anyone. There is no hostility and if you look carefully at what has been wriitten you will see this is the case. A couple of the more dedicated supporters of the StLC site have been very forthright about their feelings on the matter, but on the whole there has been very little reation, or effect on the campaign.

It is doing no worse now than it has done for the last few weeks. The campaign has labored under an ever increasing apathy. After an intial flurry of outrage, letter writing and a largely pointless focus on the cyber petition, the number of people actively posting on the sites and forums has bled away to a very few. There is some encouraging activity on the Nielsen site but that is the most promising thing happening at the moment.

We are hoping the Vlog advertisement will put some life back into the campaign and get the ball rolling again, certainly none of us has given up.

There are some truly dedicated fans struggling to get MGM to change its mind but they are the few. The LA Rally is a case in point. The permits required to hold it are expensive and have to be applied for something like thirty days in advance. We have a paralegal willing to help us but we needed to have some idea of how many local fans would turn out (a permit for 100 people costs $300US). We asked people to register their interest on the StLC site and at present we have had one person say they will be there, and the paralegal's two cousins say they will come too. Applying for a $300 permit and getting three turn up would be an expensive and rather embarrassing result.

The problem is that the majority of SGA viewers who might have something to say to MGM are probably not part of the online fan community, and are unaware that the show has even been cancelled. We may feel a truly hurt and outraged by the way that TPTB have treated us and the show that we love, but we were always a very few facing off against a corporate monolith. They don't give a damn about our opinions, and they care even less for those of us who live outside the U.S. and so contribute nothing towards the ratings.

And since seven of the eight people trying to co-ordinate the campaign live outside the U.S., the absence of local assistance from those on the ground in the U.S. who are in a position contribute their time if nothing else, makes the whole thing just that much harder.

The Jericho campaign raised tens of thousands of US dollars, had the sponsorship of a nut company and delivered tonnes of nuts. We raised $1250US and have no idea how many lemons were sent, but it'll be nothing like the tidal wave of protest sent by the Jericho fans. We will keep up the fight but we need to be a bit more realistic about the forces we are currently mustering and what we are up against.

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!   

Back to top Go down

Sosga and Save-theLostCity need to be united!
Page 1 of 1