SaveOurSGA Campaign

SOSGA Campaign Lets get Stargate Atlantis back on the Air! Save Our SGA!!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

LA Bus Advertisements

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pictwolf

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:11 am

Nessa wrote:
I think that if everyone gave something we can have this advertisment!!what do you think?!let's hope it works!!

Okay folks, I think we need to stop and consider for a moment. As I have previously mentioned the leadership of SoSGA don't believe that this is a good idea, and for many reasons.

Firstly SoSGA doesn't and has never wished to involve itself in the collection of donations.

Secondly even if we did decide to ask for money, the 'Lemon Fund' on the Save the Lost City site only collected $1250 US as compared to the 'Save Jericho' campaign which raised something in excess of $50,000, and the 'Save Moonlight' campaign which appears to have raised at least $10,000 since it has 40 bus billboards. I don't think the SGA fan base has the necessary free income to engage in expensive, large scale advertising. And given the fact we are all teetering on the edge of a major economic down turn, if not outright depression, now is not the time to be giving away your money.

Then there is the problem that the use of billboards isn't necessarily going to accomplish anything except giving MGM some free publicity, while further convincing TPTB that we are so hooked on their damn 'Franchise' that we will continue to throw money at it. That we are just so desperate and cashed up we will all be lining up to purchase the SGA movies, and possibly even buy into SGU when it comes out; thus validating their decision to cancel SGA when it was at the height of its popularity.

The campaign is better served if we continue to keep up the ratings by watching the first broadcast, or buying the download within 24 hours of the first broadcast (which I believe is now counted towards the ratings). Also keep on writing to MGM, Sci-Fi, the press, or the Nielsen site (while it is still up, it is shutting down within about a week). And try to join in the phone campaign if you can. The Vlog advertisement will be out shortly and will be shown at Armageddon and anywhere else we can get it seen.

Keep up the good work and stay focused on the main aspects of the campaign, it is by far our best chance of success. cheers

Pictwolf, Squirrel of Oz

The Wonderful Land of Oz...where even the Squirrels are marsupials!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SA

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 pm

I agree that spending out big money on advertising is a bad idea. Firefly fans raised a large sum of money to place a full page ad in Variety magazine when the show was cancelled - and while the cast & crew were really moved by the effort, it did absolutely nothing to help save the show (stated by various people associated with the series/movie) the only thing that helped get the movie Serenity made (other than someone at Universal really wanted to work with Joss to begin with) was knowing they had support of the fans through their letters and more importantly in Firefly's case - the sales of the DVDs.

Atlantis is a different case, it's not a matter of selling more DVDs or proving how many viewers they have - they already know the show is doing really well, the ratings have continued to climb with the last couple of episodes - so nothing in that direction is likely to make a difference.

I think the best thing to be done is letters, calls, emails, send postcards - and keep encouraging everyone you know who's ever watched and enjoyed the show to do the same - if they don't have the time to sit down and write something (that's where postcards are good - they're quick) then offer to draft up letters for your friends to sign and post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saveatlantis.net
ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: SOMETHING NOW   Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:54 pm

how long can we continue sending letters,emails,postcards. obviously the next step is help from the media.

i dont want to keep checking sites about what to do to bring the show back or commenting on heynielsen and sending letters for the next 2 month. we need to do something else, and NOW. it takes a long time to orangise something, we should do it NOW. ITS NOT AS THOUGH WE ENJOY DOING THIS, SPENDING OUR TIME SENDING LETTERS. LOGGING ON THE NET, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO DO SOMETHING IF IT WILL MAKE ABIG DIFFERENCE IN HELPING THE SHOW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ancient78

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:17 pm

WHEN I HEARD ABOUT THE CANCELISION, I WAS SAD, I THOUGHT THATS IT , THE SHOW IS NOT GOING TO COMEBACK.

BUT WHEN I DISCOVERD ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN, IT GAVE ME HOPE. I KNOW ITS A DIFFCULT TASK TO FIGHT FOR ANY SHOW TO COMEBACK.

IVE ONLY HEARD ABOUT ANIMATION SHOWS THAT HAVE RETURNED AFTER CANCELISION. I DONT KNOW ABOUT OTHER SHOWS. ONLY I KNOW IS JERICHO,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Bus Advertisements   

Back to top Go down

LA Bus Advertisements
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SaveOurSGA Campaign :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorm :: SaveOurSGA Brainstorms-
Jump to: